Veterans Affairs Senior Integration Engineer - Remote
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1923735
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Sys Integration
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is seeking a Senior Integration Engineer to support a large-scale Product Line Management (PLM) effort within the VA Benefits, Appeals and Memorials (BAM) portfolio.
Duties to include:
- Create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained
- Coordinate with development and end-user teams to assess risks, goals, and requirements, and ensure that all are adequately addressed in the ongoing development of a large-scale Product Line Management (PLM) effort
- Develop a holistic database architecture to be leveraged by different IT products within the product line
- Coordinate technical integration efforts with third-party developers with authority over the solution and database architecture being leveraged to implement products within the product line
- Serve a Release Train Engineer for the product line by facilitating release planning, communicating with stakeholders, escalating and mitigating blockers, and implementing process improvements.
- Identify upstream and downstream dependencies and develop an approach to address these dependencies in ongoing development efforts
- Manage data interdependencies between multiple systems and products
- Participate in the portfolio-level Architecture Review Board and facilitate adherence to VA enterprise architecture policies and best practices.
- Assist VA project managers with the development of high-quality responses to internal and external information requests by translating technical information from disparate sources into executive-level communications
- Facilitate meetings with VA employees, capture meeting minutes, track outcomes, and drive actions to completion
- Work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent discipline with at least 10 years of work experience in relevant related field(s).
- Note that 8 years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of undergraduate degree
- Experience providing program/project management support to a government client.
- Experience introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Comfort acting in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consultative services and thought leadership.
- Ability to work independently, requiring limited oversight/direction.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification is strongly
- Experience supporting the VA is strongly preferred
- Tableau experience preferred
- Knowledge of and success performing in a role
within a Project Management Office for large programs in the federal government
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability