Job ID: 1923599
Location: ANAHEIM, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
The System’s Administrator reports directly to the Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager and will support the Anaheim-based customer’s Server, Storage and Compute Infrastructure. The System Administrator will work with the Infrastructure SDM, City IT staff and SAIC Remote Support teams to ensure that the storage, backups, data protection (offsite and DR), Windows, Linux, Active Directory, Citrix, and Exchange are all functioning and meeting service level requirements. In addition, the System Administrator will make recommendations around life cycle management, capacity planning and reporting.
• Manage and maintain the operation of all of the managed storage devices in use at the City including ensuring uptime, capacity planning, life cycle management and making recommendations on how to improve performance and availability.
· Documents standard operating procedures and recommend updates to optimize service delivery in alignment with ITIL best practices
· Documents and implements change requests; evaluate change requests for potential enterprise wide impacts
· Provides occasional off-hours remote support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs. May occasionally require on-site work at a data center during off-hours
· Demonstrated ability to design high-level and detailed infrastructure architecture of Microsoft-based solutions such as MS SQL, PKI, SharePoint, Exchange, SCCM, and Citrix.
• Install, configure, patch, monitor and maintain Windows physical or virtual servers, troubleshoot problems, and repair server hardware
• Maintain, update VMware infrastructure, guests and gold image templates
• Lifecycle management and technology refresh planning for operating systems and hardware within the City’s Data Center
• Inventory and ensure accuracy of records in Service Now (CMDB) and provide support for quarterly auditing
• Ensure Printer management and queues are all operational within the span of control
• Ensure daily backups, offsite storage and infrastructure (capacity, licensing) are meeting best practices and our defined service level requirements
• Ensure storage is available, operating optimally and that capacity reports are being provided to SAIC leadership on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Perform routine and advanced system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment, configuration DNS / DHCP, and maintain appropriate Active Directory documentation.
• Installs and secures new servers, and maintains the server infrastructure and all forms of systems that support the Data Center environment including cabling, power, space planning, cooling management and all other dimensions in a large, complex environment
Bachelors of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems and five (five) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience.
• Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on ITIL and PMP principals
• Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
• Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following:
• HPe 3PAR-7400 Storage Devices
• HPe MSL Tape Libraries
• Fiber Channel storage infrastructure including zoning and other administration tasks
• Data Domain backup targets
• MS Exchange
• Active Directory
• DNS / Dynamic DNS
• HP Proliant Servers
• Data Center Operations
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability