Job ID: 1923442
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC Defense Systems Customer Group is seeking a qualified OLW TT Scenario Developer/MSEL Writer at Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC) in Norfolk, VA. The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME), Master Sequence Events List (MSEL) Implementer, and Scenario Developer support to USFF in the accomplishment their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW).
The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge for how MSELs and scenarios development support the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process, Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must have performance-based Operational Level Exercise Program (OL-EP) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime operations support tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real-world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive; friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces). These tasks include, but are not limited to: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within the joint training environment.
Specific Functional Area duties will include; but not limited to the following tasks:
• Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and point papers to meet deadlines.
• Coordinate with appropriate MOC TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point-papers, talking points, and all other staff products in support of but not limited to the following activities of USFF OLW:
• Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the commander's training objectives are accomplished. Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Navy Mission Essential Task Lists (NMETL).
• Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
• Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
• Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
• Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
• Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
• Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required.
• Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises
• Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
• Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports.
• Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience during exercise.
• Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
• Experience using Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) modeling and simulation program.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability