Job ID: 1923569
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a Deputy Program Manager:
The Deputy Program Manager will provide strategy, managerial, and administrative support to the Program Manager to fulfill the IPPOS task order objectives.
Strategy - Analyze options for how best to achieve the objectives. Conduct research for relevant findings and analysis of performance to date in this analysis. (Note: relevant research might come from fields such as peace operations, adult learning, institution building, conflict sensitivity, gender, and/or evaluation.);
• Assist with developing a plan for achieving the desired objectives that is feasible and based on sound logic;
• Support the Program Manager in developing and maintaining a system for monitoring progress toward the desired objectives and linking that information to future decision making.
• Provide support to the Program Manager for all aspects of Personnel and Project Management tasks as needed, including but not limited to:
• Support for ensuring internal coordination across all task order elements;
• Assistance for tracking when project staff need to complete activities;
• Reviewing candidates to achieve task order objectives; and
• Communicating with staff deployed overseas on behavior and performance issues.
• A bachelor’s degree;
• Five years professional experience;
• Three years’ experience in program management;
• Demonstrated experience organizing multifaceted projects;
• Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving ability;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to function in diplomatic and developing country environments; and
•Ability to receive and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability