SAIC is looking for a IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM MANAGER to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team that engineers and implements upgrades and changes to critical IT systems and applications. The customer manages and maintains a roadmap of IT infrastructure projects and upgrades that are prioritized and tasked to support contractors. Program Manager is responsible for managing on-site SAIC personnel in addition to managing projects. Personnel management duties include mentoring, hiring, implementing personal improvement plan (PIP) if necessary, terminating, etc. In addition, working with customer to identify open positions and recruiting to identify the right candidate for the position. Project management Responsibilities include managing scope, coordinating stakeholder participation, assessing and mitigating risks, reporting progress against plan, and collecting lessons learned. Some of the IT Infrastructure projects include, technology refreshes of servers, Desktop and Mobile phones, image deployments, on-board large group of customer users, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years' of experience in a technical environment with a variety of IT systems.
- At least 8 of those years of experience must be leading the execution of IT projects in a project or task manager role.
- PMP Certification required.
- The successful candidate must also have broad knowledge of current information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
- Candidate must also have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large community of stakeholders.
- Candidates must possess leadership skills to successfully manage diverse teams. All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- A solid understanding of requirements analysis and verification.
- ITIL Foundation certification is a plus.
- Strong understanding of IT Infrastructure projects and technical experience (certifications preferred) in Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, etc. are also a plus.
- A strong working knowledge of network technologies and concepts, Active Directory, Windows server 2012R2, Windows 10 OS, and Desktop and cloud applications such as Office365 and SharePoint Online.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability