Join SAIC's team to help DHS with researching and organizing scientific, engineering, and technological resources and leveraging these existing resources into technological tools to help protect the homeland. Functional teams will work in Research & Development (R&D) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) environments to define requirements, then continue through design and development to help programs manage risks, and support deployment and operations through continuous monitoring.
Contributes to the evaluation, analysis, and development of recommended solutions. Resolves complex problems, which require an in-depth knowledge of subject matter related to the designated field or discipline. Applies principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions. Areas of expertise may include economic and behavioral analysis, data analytics, biometric analysis, communication and network systems, business process reengineering, performance management, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, process modeling and simulation, strategic and business planning, change management, organizational development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, and situational awareness and decision support.
· BA/BS degree and three (3) years or more of relevant experience in complex engineering or technical efforts involving multiple facets of engineering disciplines.
· Must have experience in analysis, engineering, or technical efforts related to complex system development or acquisition.
o This includes, but is not limited to, experience supporting strategic planning, mission and requirements development, and program definition functions, and providing assistance in developing strategic vision.
o Experience providing analysis to evaluate the degree to which differing systems solutions are effective and feasible.
· Must be a US Citizen.
· Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
· T&E training for DHS and / or commercial equivalent T&E certification, this can include training from the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System.
· May be required to have at minimum an active SECRET or up to a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
· Travel up to 10% (CONUS/OCONUS) may be required.
· Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
· Prior DHS experience including any Components or Directorates of DHS.
o Customs and Border protection (CBP)
o U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
o U.S. Secret Services (USSS)
o U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
o Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
o Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
o U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
o Science and Technology (S&T)
o Management (USM)
o National Protection & Programs (NPPD)
o Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
o Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability