Job ID: 199831
Location: LINTHICUM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
Systems Engineer responsible for providing subject matter expertise, research, and recommendations relating to candidate functions, services, etc., that promote interoperability and the use of standards within the customer organization and with its partners. This Standards SE will be forward deployed to the Cyber Standards Team.
The position will require an assertive and intuitive engineer to help reach out to the projects, services, and analytics associated with customer programs to discover which ones could be considered key to enabling interoperability within the customer enterprise as well as between the customer and partner organizations. Once these are determined, the engineer would identify the functionality of each 'enabler' and identify the critical technical standards that the enabler uses.
This position may also require interacting with other subject matter experts in the community to address standards-related issues and impacts, including architecture, interoperability, implementation, and testing.
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for 2 years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
· Individuals in this position should have at least five years of experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass standards, requirements analysis, integration, and process execution and evaluation.
· Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
· Knowledgeable of DoD and IC standards and specifications as well as tools that enable information sharing.
· An expert in their own field, and knowledgeable about other related areas.
· Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
· Able to assist in policy formulation and decisions.
· Strong in writing and communications skills.
· Experience in the Information Assurance or Cyber domain is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability