This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1919392
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is currently seeking a Principal Software Systems Engineer to lead multiple Automated Test Equipment projects within the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Center (CCDC), Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC), Software, Systems, Simulation and Integration (S3I) Directorate.
The selected candidate will lead an engineering team supporting the Army Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) Integrated Family of Test Equipment (IFTE) system software and hardware sustainment efforts. Job duties will include but not be limited to the following:
· Act as Deputy to the Program Manager in successfully delivering all aspects of the execution of managed programs including the technical, cost and schedule objectives.
· Leading the technical systems design, development, integration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Automatic Test Equipment and other system engineering activities.
· Managing and inspiring a robust, high performance, and innovative engineering team while assuring that a culture of professionalism including adherence to relevant policies for safety, security, and ethics are met.
· Support business development activities to identify and qualify opportunities to bid and to support capture management, bid and proposals, and progressive engagement activities in order to maintain a pipeline of contract activity and support.
· Assert strong system engineering skills in order to manage customer needs, program requirements, and to lead the engineering team to successful development of a systems that meets requirements, are well documented, and provide innovative, high quality technical solutions.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience [4+ YOE accepted in lieu of degree].
Active SECRET security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability