Job ID: 199822
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (SE) with a TS/SCI clearance who is also experienced in supporting Navy Programs of Record (PoR) Science and Technology (S&T) projects. The S&T Analyst will support efforts for the US Navy, Program Executive Office (PEO) C4I, and Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC). This challenging position is also responsible for assisting with systems engineering and programmatic functions for several projects in a dynamic and professional work setting.
· Provide leadership for SE and PM activities based on sound engineering and business practices and recommend solutions that support requirements, budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
· Assist crafting Technology Deployment Agreements (TDA) and support Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF) efforts
· Collaborate with government and contractor personnel regarding experimentation schedules, strategic plans, S&T roadmaps, solutions, and briefings
· Perform SE activities: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, technology maturity analysis, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis.
· Perform project management activities: periodic status reports, interface with government contracts and finance representatives regarding deliverables, finances, schedules, and subcontractors.
· Use operational experience to provide technical assistance, customer guidance, and recommendations on plans, implementation, and management of efforts and events.
· Assist in the development of documentation and track the review and approval process.
· Provides systems engineer support for the department technical manager. Attend planning, scheduling, technical working group meetings, IPTs, and conferences. Draft agendas, generate meeting minutes, trip reports, track status of action items, and define issues, alternatives, and potential impacts. Provide matrix support identify efficient and effective processes and procedures for transitioning new technologies.
· Participate in the evaluation of the program’s overall technical approach including systems engineering processes, resources and key technical tasks, activities, and events along with their metrics and success criteria to comply with the System Engineering Plan. Conduct research and analysis, provide assessments, and propose scenarios and roadmaps that could lead to increased effectiveness of department programs and projects. Coordinate with project managers to define focus areas for experimentation and prototype support, coordinate resources and schedules. Review, assess, research, develop and document scientific initiatives in support of the functional and technical requirements for department programs and cross-program modernization efforts.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: STEM degree desired. Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience; Masters and six (6) years or more experience. Related experience is acceptable in lieu of advanced degrees.
· Demonstrated understanding of the DOD acquisition processes.
· Provided five (5) + years project management support to S&T programs or acquisition program office.
· Interfaced with professionals at all levels to meet customer needs.
· Knowledge of acquisition strategies related to the procurement of research and development (SBIR, RIF, and TDA).
· Microsoft Office Suite of products, editing documents, and working with templates.
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, government technical representatives, and other supporting contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work independently or in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel
· Familiarity of PEO C4I, NIWC and US Navy C4I systems
· Prior military experience with science, technology, and DOD acquisition efforts
· Certifications including PMP, INCOSE, DevOps and SecDevOps
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability