This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 199819
Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for Senior C4I Systems Engineer (SE) with a TS/SCI clearance who seeks a challenge and ready to use their skills and experience to support programs and projects within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC). The following are some of the tasks, experiences, and responsibilities an excellent candidate would take on in a dynamic and professional work environment.
· Provide engineering expertise that supports Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) programs and projects including (UAS) Unmanned Aircraft System and (UCA) Unmanned Carrier Aviation systems.
· Assist with technical recommendations to plan, implement, and manage Battlespace Awareness and ISR services with existing and emerging infrastructures.
· Recommend interface solutions between ISR and Command and Control (C2) capabilities.
· Use operational experience to interpret and provide feedback on system requirements in support of ISR system Fleet Capability Releases.
· Provide analysis of capabilities and software tools, recommendations for technical solutions to access and exploit information available from sources to include SIGINT, IMINT, GEOINT, HUMINT, Measurement and Signal Intelligence (MASINT), and recommendations for delivery of track sharing tools and capabilities.
· Assist in development and update of technical documentation to support ISR system development. Documents include Concept of Employment, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Training, White Papers, and Capability Assessment Reports.
· Assist in the coordination of System Engineering Technical Review events. Provide background and guidance to assist the customer in successfully navigating these events.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Applicable experience is accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
Ability to work with and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders; Government technical representatives, and contractors; excellent written and oral communications; ability to work in a team collaborative environment; ability to brief senior government personnel.
Demonstrated understanding of Navy IO and ISR systems and sensors and the practical application of IO and ISR systems to support Navy missions.
Desired QualificationsExperience with U.S. Navy ship deployment operations and the DOD acquisition process. Prior Military service with DCGS or SSEE; related IO/ISR system experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability