Occupational Safety and Health Analyst
Job ID: 199788
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Subcategory: Env Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Occupational Safety and Health Analyst to join our team supporting our IC customer in Chantilly, VA.
- Serve as the government Point of Contact for regulatory
reporting responsibilities (e.g., injuries and illnesses, etc.) and confer
with key Federal and State Government officials to promote the Agencies
position in the interpretation and enforcement of regulatory requirements.
- Perform Occupational Health and Safety audits
throughout the enterprise. Develop program metrics to track Occupational
Health and Safety Program success, identifying corrective actions.
- Represent the organization in meetings involving policy
and other matters pertinent to the Occupational Health and Safety Program
and coordinates projects with mission partners, external liaison, and
Federal and State regulators.
- Review program strategy for technical feasibility and
adherence with regulatory requirements and prevailing professional
- Review and approve reports to ensure technical accuracy
and compliance with objectives, policies, guidelines, and laws affecting
- Chair the enterprise Environmental Safety Committee
- Mastery of occupational safety and health principles,
practices, procedures, body of laws and regulations (e.g., 29 CFR 1910, 29
CFR 1926, and DODI 6055.1)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Industrial
Safety, Safety Engineering, Safety Management, or a closely related field with 10+ years experience.
Additional years of related experience shall be considered in lieu of
- Certification in safety and/or risk management such as
Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist.
- Minimum of 7 years working in or managing a corporate
or enterprise safety program.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
Must be able to take the initiative and make the program successful.
- Skill in communication and public relations techniques
sufficient to represent and serve as spokesman for the enterprise at
meetings with professional groups.
- Ability to apply new developments and experienced
judgement to a variety of highly complex problems, including technical
processes and controls, economic considerations, and health conservation.
- Ability to advise senior officials within and outside
the enterprise concerning occupational safety and health and serve on
external working groups.
- Ability to work with occupational physicians and other
health professionals in developing policies and procedures for the
recognition and control of job related illnesses.
- Ability to serve as a nationally recognized consultant
and expert on state-of-the-art Occupational Health and Safety services and
provide training throughout the enterprise.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
(e.g., Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to work with Occupational
Health and Safety software tools.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly is required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability