This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 199478
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Air Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage. Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to focus on the development of System Interfaces. Candidate will manage a wide range of tools utilized by the SE&I team in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) SBEM and MW mission areas. Candidate will have or establish familiarity with suite of systems engineering tools that support interface development, requirements, engineering reviews, configuration management, architecture analysis, modeling and simulation, and risk management. Candidate should have experience with system acquisition, systems engineering lifecycle, architecture, operations concepts, requirements and interface development and maturation for space and ground systems.
· BS in Math, Science or Engineering.
· Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI
· 9+ Years of experience with analyzing and managing complex system architectures, with a focus on developing system interfaces.
· Strong understanding of fundamental systems engineering development and management processes.
· Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
· Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with OPIR space and/or ground systems (especially at SMC).
· Experience in developing space and ground system architecture and engineering products.
· Experience working on architecture trade-studies.
· Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
· Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
· Demonstrated understanding of architecture development tools and tool capabilities.
· Experience and knowledge of DoDAF.
· Ability to travel periodically.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability