Job ID: 199577
Location: COLUMBIA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
DescriptionAssists mission organizations and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
· Analyzing customer requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings.
· Representing business and mission concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via modeling.
· Collaborating with data modelers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data models of common concern.
· Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models.
· Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation.
· Producing models to support the mapping of data in legacy data formats and data stores to modern formats and enterprise data stores.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to work with a wide variety of customers.
· Willing to learn new technologies and maintain and develop technical currency
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability