Job ID: 199577
Location: COLUMBIA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
DescriptionAssists mission organizations and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data models that are crafted using a local model methodology. This methodology guides the creation of supporting UML class diagrams. These UML based models will be the source for mission physical models and associated exchange formats.
· Analyzing customer requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings.
· Representing business and mission concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via modeling.
· Collaborating with data modelers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data models of common concern.
· Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models.
· Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation.
· Producing models to support the mapping of data in legacy data formats and data stores to modern formats and enterprise data stores.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to work with a wide variety of customers.
· Willing to learn new technologies and maintain and develop technical currency
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability