Job ID: 199574
Location: COLUMBIA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
DescriptionThe Enterprise Architect will support the Intelligence Community (IC) agency’s Systems Engineering organization in the development, integration and analysis of the Enterprise Architecture (EA), focusing on capability-based analysis at the system of system, end to end, and family of systems levels. The SE will develop and maintain DoDAF, FEAF and IC EA compliant architecture artifacts, utilizing architecture modeling tools to ensure integrated architecture; perform assessments of acquisition architectures for compliance and consistency with Agency-level EA in support of Enterprise Engineering Review Board and Enterprise Architecture Board governance processes; collaborate with operational / technical SMEs and Standards personnel to identify architecture gaps, overlaps and inefficiencies, and develop recommendations for changes to improve enterprise architecture; and collaborate with Enterprise Knowledge Repositories personnel to identify tools / technologies, data models, data analytics, and reporting / visualization approaches to assist Government leaders and technologists with architectural data-driven decision-making.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for 2 years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
· Individuals in this position must have at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF).
· Knowledge of modeling approaches: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling
· Understanding of data architecture approaches (e.g., DODAF, Zachman, UAF, TOGAF, JARM, etc.), industry standards and best practices (e.g., DMBOK)
· Familiarity with the use and operation of Enterprise Architecture tools (e.g. System Architect, Magic Draw, Cameo Enterprise Architecture, SPARX, IBM Rhapsody, CORE or Power Designer Architecture Tool Suites)
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Familiarity with Intelligence Community and/or DoD acquisition lifecycles, software development methodologies, information security engineering concepts, cloud computing methodologies and/or SOA-enabling technologies.
· Familiarity with System Architect, Magic Draw, Sparx, Rhapsody, or Power Designer Architecture Tool Suites.
· Familiarity with DoDAF, UPDM, Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM), Zachman Architecture Framework, Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF), British Ministry of Defense Architecture Framework (MODAF), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), FEA CRM, DoD JCA, UJTL, or IEA
· Intelligence Collection, Processing or Analysis; Information Assurance, or IT Infrastructure domain experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability