Job ID: 199479
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Unix System Admin with SiteMinder Experience to join our team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. Candidate will be responsible for supporting day to day operations on enterprise authentication and file transfer technologies. Must have understanding of enterprise authentication/authorization solution using CA SiteMinder. Strong ability to utilize UNIX and Linux systems like Red hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x. Understanding of web application servers, DMZ, BIG IP, 3DNS, VIP and Firewalls required to support applications utilizing the authentication infrastructure. Must be willing to work in an operational support environment supporting 24x7 via on call in various shifts as required. The job is heavy on client interaction and requires excellent communication and documentation skills. Good to have experience on file transfer and encryption technologies but not a must.
· Installing, configuring and administering Siteminder Policy Server and Agents
· Multiple years of experience working with LDAP instances
· Familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
· Working knowledge of Apache HTTPD
· Experience working with certificates and SSL
· Capability to write and execute scheduled PERL scripts and CRON jobs
· Robust understanding of enterprise network - DMZ, BIG IP, VIP, Firewalls, Proxy
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team player with ability to work under pressure
· CA accreditation or certification (Preferred)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support business and work with System administrators, developers and analysts with troubleshooting issues related to CA SiteMinder / LDAP
· Perform change management and incident management utilizing documented procedures
· Perform alert monitoring and follow documented resolution steps
· Document problem resolutions and publish knowledgebase
· Work with vendor support, System administrators and architects on a regular basis
· Provide 24x7 supports on an on call rotation basis
· Participate in fail over testing, disaster recovery testing and other readiness efforts.
· Participate in an on-call rotation, resolving production issues off hours, during the business week and on weekends.
· Manage encryption keys, install certificates and maintain components required to support secure file transmissions.
Support maintenance and migrations on changing infrastructure
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related area, or equivalent preferred. 4 years of additional related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Two (2) + years of professional experience in SiteMinder administration.
· Experience in high availability, and high reliability environments.
· Ability to read and analyze logs on UNIX, Linux systems from multiple servers
· Must have good work ethic and follow documented process
· CompTIA Security+ - Do not have to have certification prior to consideration, but must have certification prior to starting.
· US Citizen – No dual citizenship
· Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
· Experience in implementation and operational support of Secure Transport protocol solutions that support FTP/ HTTP/s, SSH-FTP, SCP, SFTP
· Experience with implementing and supporting end to end encryption technology
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability