SAIC is currently seeking professionals with knowledge and experience with Windows or Linux servers as a Network Engineer for the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center System Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate Contract in Huntsville, AL supporting the Software Engineering Directorate (SED). The objective of this effort is to provide mission systems support for S3I classified computer networks and networked systems including servers, tactical computer systems, and network infrastructure systems used by the S3I.
- Candidate must have the capability to analyze complex local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting operating systems and protocol suites.
- Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems including the planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting operating systems and protocol suites
- Configures communication media with routers, switches, firewalls, and other devices
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms
- Configures systems to user environment
- Configures and manages network monitoring appliances and applications, such as IDS, Spam/Malware, and Anti-Virus Protection Systems
Knowledge/Skills & Ability:
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in the Engineering or Information Technology Field and five (5) years or more experience; Master’s Degree in the Engineering or Information Technology Field and three (3) years or more experience OR PhD and zero.
- Five years of progressively responsible network systems engineering experience
- Working knowledge of desktop application including word processing, spreadsheets and database programs
- Working knowledge of current high level computer languages
- Experience with implementation of 802.1x
- CISCO or other related certification required
- Security+ or higher certification for DoD 8570 required
- Computing Environment (CE) certification required
- Active Secret Security clearance required
- MUST be eligible to receive a Top Secret Security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability