Sr. Systems Administrator_Orion
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 199413
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is currently seeking senior-level professionals with knowledge and experience as a Windows/VMware System Administrator for the Decision Support Division (DSD) Integrated Air, Missile and Network Defense, and Space Support Contract in Huntsville, AL supporting the Joint Forces Command J/3/5 South.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot an IT infrastructure to include VMware and HPE hardware, windows based
- Experience with VMware ESXi and virtual environments to include VMware datacenter networking, distributed switches, vLAN tagging, Network I/O Control, Link Aggregation
- Experience with Windows Server 2016, IIS, and SQL Server 2016
- Experience with STIG Compliance and IAVAs, the RMF process and eMASS. Experience and knowledge to interpret and remediate SCAP and ACAS scans
- Maintain and troubleshoot application/log management, reporting, event notifications and actions, software updates, service packs, and patching. (ex. SCCM, WSUS, Scripting, etc.)
- Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry.
- Familiar with systems cryptography and security certificates to include TLS, SSO, SSL, tokens, and ECAs
- Familiar with large scale data storage and backup
- CompTIA Security+ required (CE)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Computing Environment (CE) Certification in relevant Windows or VMware is required
- Active DoD Secret security clearance is required; must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, technically advanced team environment
Bachelors and five (9) years or more experience; Masters and three (7) years or more experience OR PhD and 4 years.
Active Secret Security Clearance
Must be able to attain a Top Secret Security Clearance
Current CompTIA Security +
Experience with STIG Compliance, RMF, EMASS
Experience with vulnerability scanning tools. (ex. ACAS, Retina, SCAP, QTIP, etc.)
Familiar with systems cryptography and security certificates to include TLS, SSO, SSL, tokens, and ECAs
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability