SAIC is currently seeking professionals with knowledge and experience with Windows or Linux servers as a System Support Administrator for the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center System Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate Contract in Huntsville, AL supporting the Software Engineering Directorate (SED).
- Provide assistance in resolving basic technology and server support issues.
- Perform Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification and systems integration
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Provide assistance in resolving basic technology support issues
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Administer Windows or Linux servers utilized for a variety of functions
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Solve issues in accordance with government standards, policies, and quality control guidelines
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation
- Design and develop one or more courses of action, evaluating each of these courses in a test case environment, and implementing the best solution to the problem
- Answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of assigned products based on previous experience and knowledge
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in the Engineering or Information Technology Field and 0 years related experience
- Minimum of 0-2 years of system or server administration experience
- Require Security+ or higher DoD 8570 certification
- Requires Computing Environment (CE) certification, or the ability to quickly obtain
- Knowledge of hardware and/or software products required
- Secret security clearance required
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Receives assignments in the form of specific tasks for the work to be completed.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives and schedules.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- Ability to write, listen and communicate effectively
- Contributes to completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the group.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability