Systems Engineer Sr Principal
Job ID: 199246
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
The contractor shall provide direct system engineering support and related services to the Enterprise Engagement & Mission Management / Mission Management Investment Portfolio (MMIP) Manager for Transitioning & Decommissioning (T&D) Activities.
- Support mission operations and capability development systems teams including Programs Managers, Technical Leads, Mission Leads, and Systems Engineers of MMIP systems with transitioning activities for legacy mission systems to replacement or newer technology systems and decommissioning systems which no longer provide needed functionality or which cannot continue to be sustained.
- Collaborate across MMIP-funded organizations, providing integration support to assist with T&D activities identified and specified by the Government Lead S1 MMIP Manager. Coordinate with TE T&D efforts to keep MMIP leaders informed of Enterprise methods, policies, and procedures for T&D activities.
- Provide/make available T&D artifacts (i.e. Templates) and working aids (i.e. T&D criteria, workflows) to project T&D teams across the MMIP to use as a guide for documenting processes and plans for systems undergoing transition/decommission.
- Assist with identifying the correct stakeholders for MMIP projects, reporting to the Government Lead or S1 MMIP Manger on a regular basis such as at the regularly-scheduled T&D sync meetings. Encourage the project T&D teams across the MMIP regarding engagement with Enterprise- and MMIP-specific T&D processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability