Job ID: 199296
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Systems Engineer in the Fort Meade area.
- Assist with designing and fielding special purpose systems for critical missions, utilizing the latest virtualization products and recommending hardware procurement.
- Design and support a virtualized windows server environment utilizing VMware & vCenter Server to manage windows virtualization on R&D and live windows server environments.
- Provide day-to-day Information Systems (IS) engineering services to support the operation of the Command's AIS classified and internal special access networks.
- Provide day-to-day infrastructure maintenance for Command AIS systems.
- Provide system-engineering services to troubleshoot/correct network, system and software failures as reported by network users of the Command network.
- Provide training and support for AIS personnel on network configuration, troubleshooting, operational procedures and use of software packages on the numerous Command networks.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date system drawings to accurately reflect the configuration of the Command’s classified computer networks.
- Provide communications network support to on-going Program Management Office (PMO) sponsored research and development programs involving information systems mission requirements as tasked by management.
- Provide general system engineering support to the Command as required and tasked by NCWDG N6 department management.
- Understand user needs and expectations for AIS functions.
- Understanding of Linux environments from the end user point of view.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Create an IS disaster recovery plan.
- Provide software and hardware architectural analysis.
- Provide testing & evaluation support for network systems.
- Manage software and software license
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and 4 years related experience. 8 years experience in lieu of a Bachelor degree.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with ability to get TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience or 8 years of related experience.
- Security + CE certification (or any IAT Level 2 certification)
- 4 years of Windows and/or Network experience.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 experience
- VMware expertise. Using ESXi and vSphere version 5.1 and up.
- vCenter Server expertise managing a mid- level enterprise.
- Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy expertise.
- Linux experience: Ubuntu, Red hat, and general Linux experience.
- Basic Network switch and routing experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to rack and stack servers. Lift 50lbs or more
- Ability to lead entry level system administrators
- Security Monitoring & Auditing (SCCM) ACAS & Solar Winds tools experience desired.
- Ability to inventory equipment/software and provide list of what’s needed
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability