Java Developer – Senior-Level (Low)
Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Telework: Limited, ad-hoc, as needed
Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties
• Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects to assign and monitor coding tasks within a Scrum team.
• Lead, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
• Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
• Debug and resolve application and data issues.
• Mentor, coach and develop Scrum team members.
• Bachelor’s degree (4 years experience in lieu of)
5+ years of software development experience utilizing Java.
• Must obtain an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification within 120 days after hire
NOTE: x denotes Java version. A specific version is not required to meet this requirement; the candidate can achieve certification in any version offered by Oracle.
• Excellent team player in a diverse culture
• Display the ability to work under pressure
• Display the desire and ability to act as a mentor/coach/teacher
• Expertise with a version-control system such as Subversion
• Expertise with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse
• Expertise with a configuration/build tool such as Maven
• Expertise with a continuous-integration server such as Jenkins
• Expertise with a unit-testing framework such as JUnit
• Expertise with third-party APIs and frameworks such as Spring
• Experience working in a Scrum environment
• Experience with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web service paradigms and protocols such as SOAP and REST is preferred.
• Experience with Single-Page Applications (SPA) is desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability