Duties & Responsibilities:
Serve as a program management subject matter expert (SME) providing oversight, assessment, and guidance to program managers and program teams to ensure consistent and repeatable excellence in program management and execution.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Assessing proposal pre-award and execution post-award risk and risk management;
- Assessing program execution status through periodic program reviews;
- Monitoring and reporting program execution status;
- Troubleshooting programs with performance issues;
- Developing and implementing program management-related policy, guidance, procedures, and techniques;
- Monitoring use and effectiveness of program management best practices, processes, tools, metrics, and other program management-related elements;
- Participating in program audits;
- Providing advice, counsel, and training to program managers and program teams.
- Must establish and maintain collaborative and cooperative relationships with program managers, program teams, line management, and company leadership.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience as a program manager
- Experience and expertise with:
- Program management plans
- Integrated master plans
- Integrated master schedules
- Work breakdown structures
- Program start-up and transition
- Program financials planning and tracking
- Risk management and risk registers
- Knowledge of federal government contracting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Education:
- Master’s degree
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) - strongly preferred
- Experience with delivery-type contracts
- Strong grasp of financial acumen related to project management - concepts like Estimate-At-Complete (EAC), Estimate-To-Complete (ETC), Fee, Margin, Variances, etc.
- Experience managing varied contract types: T&M, Cost Reimbursable, Firm-Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed-Price-Incentive
(FPI), Cost-Sharing (CS), Cost-Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF), Cost-Plus-Award-Fee
(CPAF), Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF), etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability