Job ID: 198944
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Evening Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Operations Center – Watch Officer, provides leadership and management for the IT Service Organization Operations Center support networking, voice services, security operations, enterprise mobility, email, and other related collaboration, communications and messaging systems for the Department of State worldwide. Develops and initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Operations Center within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program.
Required Education and Experience:
BS degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology with 8+ years or more of experience; additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
· Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) difficult/sensitive information tactfully and in accordance with established communication security policies to senior level management.
· Ability to escalate issues in timing with standing operating procedures.
· Ability to cordially assist and maintain professionalism in high-stress environments.
· Ability to employ unbiased listening and be responsive to customer questions and requests.
· Sustained focus and interest in problem solving.
· Strong Networking background
· Working knowledge of WAN technologies.
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP LAN technologies
· Knowledge of enterprise network operations and computing technologies including MS Exchange 2003, 2010, AD/Exchange integration, enterprise networks.
Interim Top Secret in order to start and able to obtain fully adjudicated Top Secret clearance.
Formal industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP – various); CISCO CCNA or Comptia Network+; Experience with HP Openview, Remedy, MS SCOM, NETIQ or NeuralStar
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability