SAIC is seeking
a Senior Project Manager to be an integral part of a large
program for a Federal customer supporting the customer mission. This position
will support offices in White Oak and Calverton Maryland.
This position will
focus on leading a technical team in the implementation and integration of a
new enterprise system. The selected candidate will advise on the
feasibility of large enterprise level projects from inception to completion and
lead end-to-end solution designs and plans to achieve the customer’s objectives.
The candidate will engage with customers, partners, and technical staff in overall
solution development—ensuring communication of architecture strategy, plans,
roadmaps, and drawings to a variety of technical, management, and policy makers
to ensure clear communication of ideas and to enable the customer's decision
process. This position will focus on delivering solutions within a
critical timeframe. Attention to detail,
excellent communication, organizational skills and a proven record of success are
- Manages all phase of
Project Management Lifecycle and System Development Lifecycle for the Project
- Determines and manages
impacts to existing technologies on the project
- Ensures project
alignment with the business strategies and architectures
- Defines the framework
for packaging and releasing solutions
- Manages development
and execution of integrated work plans across the project
- Develops the framework
and manages interdependencies within and across CTP programs; proactively
communicates with enterprise-wide projects to manage interdependencies
experience with change management processes including estimating, scheduling,
tracking and execution
- Balances schedule,
scope, and budget within the project, explains budget variances and
re-negotiates with the COR as needed
- Develops a quality
assurance plan and conducts quality assurance project reviews
- Determines project
resource requirements and procures resources to ensure commitments are met
- Develops and manages
project risk review sessions, elicits project level risk that may affect the
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline and 10 years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
on-the-job experience in a large organization to support program transformation
to meet the demands of shifting mission and technological environments.
Experience using HHS’
Enterprise Development Life Cycle (EPLC) a plus
Five years demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting Federal organizations.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated on-the-job experience in Enterprise Systems Architecture and Integration in secure environments.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated on-the-job experience in applying Project Management principles.
- Provides team guidance to mitigate and track project-level risks and issues
- Provides mentoring for team members, assigns work, sets priorities, and provides guidance for execution of deliverables
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience for complex systems at a large secure enterprise customer.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience in facilitating Technical Exchange Meetings and/or technical and project management working groups.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience formulating and communicating complex architecture strategy, plans, roadmaps, and drawings to a variety of technical, management, and policy makers to ensure clear communication of ideas and to enable the customer's decision process.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain critical architecture and system engineering artifacts and the ability to effectively communicate the details of these materials both in written and oral presentations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability