Principal Quality Assurance
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198770
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019
Category: Quality Assurance
Subcategory: Qual Assurance
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC has an immediate need for a Principal Quality Control Engineer will perform Software and Hardware Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) functions per SEI CMMI Level III Process. Tasks will include QC/QA audits, document reviews, code reviews, and testing verification.
- Develop and maintain the project’s Quality Plan.
- Participate in document and code peer reviews.
- Verify peer review findings were corrected in accordance with standards.
- Witness the execution of system testing and acceptance testing.
- Identify noncompliance issues and monitor the corrective action plan to completion.
- Provide schedule status on quality activities.
- Reporting the monthly QA Status Report to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and conduct scheduled and unscheduled audits.
- Perform trend analysis of noncompliance issues.
- Monitor all processes for compliance with quality standards.
- Confirm all appropriate quality reviews were conducted prior to the release of deliverables.
- Collect and analyze the quality measures for the project and make recommendations to the Project Lead on process and quality improvements.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and quality work products.
- Review technical data packages for adherence to the project scope, established standards and methodologies, and program requirements.
- Recommend process improvements as related to quality on process standards throughout the Design and Development Lifecycle.
- Work within defined test environments and support/validate all levels of product testing
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree and 14+ years of experience [4 years of related experience is accepted in lieu of degree].
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated knowledge of the Design and Development Lifecycle.
Software testing experience
Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Familiarity with System Engineering "V" development lifecycle and "Agile" development lifecycle
Experience with Agile development
Familiarity with DO-178 standard
Ability to read hardware mechanical drawings for piece part and/or assemblies, and reading of electrical drawing schematics
Familiarity with ASME and/or ANSII Standards
Able to read and understand C/C++ code
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability