- The IT Asset Management Analyst will manage the operations of the IT procurement and inventory management function.
- Candidates will manage the maintenance of records and databases containing information regarding software licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's assets.
- The candidate will work to minimize organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
- Establishes and implements hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with IT standards and strategy.
- Investigates available hardware and software products, evaluates and recommends products based on user requirements.
- Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate equipment at the lowest cost.
- Reviews licenses and/or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily internal company contacts.
- Infrequent inter- organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum two (2) years experience IT Asset Management
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability