SAIC is searching for a highly qualified Network Engineer. The Network Engineer is responsible for all aspects of network administration. CCNA or CCNP certification are highly preferred; Cisco experience is a must
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products, such as Cisco routers, switches, ASAs, and other network devices. Support the testing and installation of network communications systems, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Monitor and respond to complex technical hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provide support, assistance, and oversight for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
- Provide input to policy level discussions regarding standards, design, budget constraints, and more.Provide the routine analysis of all elements of the network facilities. Reviews network reports and logs to ensure optimal performance.
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Communicate effectively with other project groups, such as, Security, Windows, UNIX, and Storage teams to assist with the installation and troubleshooting of systems components.
- Participate in regular, rotational on-call support with other network team members and provides prompt service to clients and users.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Experience supporting a high availability mostly Cisco production network.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and administering Cisco routers, switches, and/or firewalls in a large multiple data center production environment.
- Experience supporting with network circuits, MPLS networks, and other LAN/WAN technologies.
- Experience supporting organization users, customers, clients, and remote sites on a mostly Cisco network.
- Experience with routing protocols, such as, BGP and OSPF is preferred.
- Experience supporting and working with other IT departments/teams such as Security, Windows, UNIX, Storage, and other IT teams.
- Experience and ability to work on project and task assignments responsibly and timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance issues and analyze network traffic using network monitoring tools, and provide capacity planning solutions.
Desired Qualifications Desired
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability