Digital Media Tech (SR1219)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198512
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Audio Visual Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Field and Studio/Lab Technician for a
Digital Media Operations/Streaming Services project, on premises enterprise
media platform, that supports audio/video/content acquisition, editing,
delivery, storage and management of media assets.
- Bachelor's degree and 0 years of related experience or 4 or more years of related experience in lieu of degree.
1 year devices (cameras, microphones, recorders), associated peripherals,
and interfaces for information & graphics display devices (computers,
tablets, iPads, etc.) and other data/image/audio inputs for high-quality
live & on demand webcasting.
with Studio/Lab configuration and operation of a broad range of media
equipment and tools for creating and processing of high-quality digital
media assets including: analog and digital image and audio devices (VTRs
computers, cameras, mics, etc.), switches, DAs, signal converters, network
and other I/O interfaces.
conversion or transcoding from various analog or digital media sources
(including film) to digital files with creation of metadata files for
processing of encoded files.
with updates, configuration, and maintenance of field and off-line media
equipment and systems.
based file & digital media asset management systems with ability to
follow platform/system file management procedures and practices.
and maintenance of appropriate documentation. (asset tracking, technical,
configuration/operational documents, and instructions)
experience in broadcast level video/audio production and technical
expertise in a wide range of state-of-the-art video/audio equipment.
to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and navigate through
unexpected roadblocks. (Direct interaction with customers during
communication events and provide online/phone assistance to platform
customer service, problem solving, troubleshooting, and interpersonal
oriented and ability to work effectively with team members and
independently with minimal supervision.
in and contribute to continuous improvement processes and development of
to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance.
- BS/BA/AA degree in CS, MIS, Film, Videography or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Active DOE Q-level security clearance.
- Technical expertise integrating and troubleshooting video and audio sources for live webcasting/broadcast, with other communication platforms (VTC, Skype, etc.), digital displays, projection systems and encoding/recording devices.
- Individual & technical team experience in professional live media production for webcast/broadcast.
- 2 years' experience with professional NLE software/platforms.
- Experience with IT platforms, protocols, and hardware, including servers, file storage subsystems, workstations, appliances, and peripherals related to IP delivery of video and audio.
- Familiar with streaming media processes and technologies, digital media formats and media encoding/transcoding.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability