Job ID: 197856
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to perform network/transport engineering in support of an Intelligence Community Customer. The successful candidate will perform an array of network and transport engineering functions on behalf of this Government customer. The position is located in Chantilly, VA.
- Maintaining the configuration management database for the customer's transport network
- Interact frequently with network and transport services providers to resolve network anomalies and performance issues, as well as to determine future products to meet the Customer's strategic initiatives for services
- Provide engineering for optical circuit design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting efforts
- Develop circuit specifications, test methodologies, and exercise testing techniques to verify that circuits meet all required specifications
- Perform requirements analysis, schedule review, and cost estimation for requested services requiring new/additional transport bandwidth
- Conduct risk assessment and analysis of network architectures, and identify mitigations to minimize risk of outages on services
- Perform technical evaluation of vendor documentation, including network designs and technical details.
- Document and support coordination of memoranda of understanding and other cross-organization documents which detail service level agreements.
- Review daily assessment reports of network health and performance, and provide technical guidance to operations personnel and vendors as necessary to resolve network performance issues.
- Understand IC Partner network architectures, and provide consultation and technical input regarding cross-community transport questions.
- Serve as Transport Services site liaison for various locations
- Provide network/transport engineering expertise for various special projects.
Qualifications- Current TS/SCI with polygraph
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (may be required to provide a sample of documentation)
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering lifecycle, including scheduling, risk management, and risk mitigation as applied to the
- network domain
- Knowledgeable of MS Office software products including Visio
- Demonstrated ability to develop plans and schedules, and work with a small team in a dynamic environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability