This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198587
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Windows/Linux Administrator to join the National Security Customer Group (NSCG). The Administrator will be responsible for design, coordination, installation, and maintenance of virtualized and stand-alone computer environments. They will be providing a full range of IT support services to customers proactively providing solutions and recommendation to improve customer experience.
The managed environment includes an Audio Visual capability on a dedicated AV network with a large Prysm Video Wall system. This AV network includes virtualized (VMware) and physical Windows and Linux servers, HP 3PAR storage, NAS, Cisco and Juniper routers, and L2 and L3 Switches, Firewall appliance, and attaches to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud infrastructure. We are seeking this resource to provide technical expertise in operating and maintaining this environment.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
• Design a system architecture based on delivered requirements that will include hardware and operating system suggestions, performance optimization, and high system availability
• Work with vendors to obtain quotes and review technical approaches
• Build and maintain Windows (2008/2012/2016) and Linux servers (RedHat, Ubuntu)
• Manage the VMware virtualized infrastructure
• Design and maintain a backup system for data availability
• Patch Windows and Linux servers with WSUS, YUM and RPM
• Respond to security incidents (security patching, IAVA reporting, TIER actions, etc.)
• Create and deploy workstation images using automated tools
• Inventory management of IT assets
• Communicate technical solutions and issues with non-technical customer management
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb at least a 5 ft. ladder, and crawl under and behind desks under 3 ft. to access wiring
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant technical experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• At least 9 years technical experience in complex systems design, programming, and systems software and support.
• Certification Requirements: Must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ or CCNA) certification
• Proficiency with Windows and Linux operating systems (build, manage, patch)
• Proficient in Windows networking (Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, etc.)
• Virtualization experience (VMWare)
• Ability to script routine tasks with Bash, Perl, Python or other language
• Experience with Apache Tomcat
• Microsoft and/or Linux certifications preferred
• Experience with PKI based Identity and Access Management
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities
• CCNP Security or CISSP
• Microsoft and/or Linux certifications
• Amazon Web Services experience preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability