This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198568
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Remote work / work from home will be considered for this role.
seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team at the U.S. Army Human
The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Recruiting Support Branch.
• Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
• Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
• Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
5+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Four (4) additional years’ related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
• Experience with RDBMS such as Sybase, Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
• Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
• Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
• Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
• Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
• Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
• Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
• Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
• Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
• Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
• US Citizen – No dual citizenship
• Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
• Must be CompTIA Security+ certified
• Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
• Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability