Document Control Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198567
Location: OAK RIDGE, TN, United States
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2020
Subcategory: Admin Services Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
- Responsible for management and maintenance of knowledge assets, particularly those used in supporting end users and enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Contribute to the design and configuration of processes to create and maintain knowledge assets. Participate in the full knowledge management lifecycle, including request, prioritization, creation, sharing, monitoring, and reporting, as well as support and maintenance activities.
- The Specialist organizes, coordinates, and leads the review, update, and approval of knowledge assets, making sure they always reflect the latest changes to the IT environment and company policies/procedures.
- Simplifies knowledge retrieval to improve access to content, reports on use of knowledge, and continually identifies methods to improve and increase usage.
- Will work closely with a variety of IT support teams, including, but not limited to, Service Desk, NOC, SOC, Application developers, Email Engineers, AD and IDM engineers, and other Subject matter experts.
Qualifications TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School and eleven (11) years or more related experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a US “Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- 7+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Office Products, Windows OS, Mac OS, VPN, and Active Directory in an enterprise environment
- 2+ years of recent experience maintaining knowledge assets
- Exceptionally attentive to detail, focused on accuracy and clarity
- Excellent understanding of advanced IT concepts/practices, and ability to translate them into simple to follow instructions
- Experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex technical issues via telephone, email, and chat
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to grasp functional and technical concepts quickly
- Practical understanding of common knowledge management methods and processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including a creative and self-motivated mindset
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Associates degree or higher
- Willingness to work any shift in a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to arrive and start work promptly at beginning of scheduled shift
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- KCS Certification
- Technical certifications (such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA)
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Practical understanding of common knowledge management tools, including Service Now
- Experience recording How-To videos and guides for end user consumption
- Working knowledge of Google applications, VPN software, VDI, and other commonly used commercial (COTS) products h) Knowledge of HTML, XML, Java Script or other scripting languages
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability