This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198554
Location: GREENBELT, MD, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Electrical Ground Support (EGSE) Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Restore-L program in the Satellite Servicing Projects Division (SSPD) at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. This position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Restore-L mission is a Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Satellite Servicing Project Division (SSPD) managed mission. Restore-L is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the Restore-L Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. The SSPD is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test and operations of the Restore-L Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
The Electrical Ground Support (EGSE) Engineer will support the Restore-L Video Distribution and Storage Unit team. The VDSU is Restore-L’s reconfigurable, fault-tolerant system that controls and receives video from Restore-L’s digital cameras and other sensors, acts as a video router, provides simultaneous JPEG2000 compression on multiple sources, and provides solid-state-data-recording functionality.
• Design the electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) architecture for the VDSU subsystem to relevant industry standards
• Support the fabrication and implementation of the EGSE architecture
• Participate in test of VDSU hardware
• Maintain legacy EGSE systems
• Design LabVIEW-based software to command and control EGSE
• Develop documentation to include: functional/block diagrams, assembly drawings, harness drawings, certification procedures, and/or user manuals
• Implement and test hardware
• Oversee the procurement and manufacturing of EGSE
• Support team of FPGA, hardware, and software engineers through all phases of instrument development, including requirements capture and development, design definition, implementation, testing, formal V&V delivery, and maintenance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field and 9+ years of relevant experience. Will consider related years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Strong experience designing and fabricating EGSE, preferably for spaceflight applications
• Experience designing test equipment (racks, hardware in the loop, test fixtures, etc.) and validation of the interfaces with flight hardware
• Experience documenting test sets, including all block diagrams, assembly drawings and notes, harnessing schematics, and bill of materials
• Experience creating LabVIEW applications
• Experience with NASA or space industry EGSE
• Experience with early life-cycle satellite engineering activities, spacecraft integration and test, and launch operations
• Experience with video distribution and storage
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability