- The IT Asset Management Analyst will manage the operations of the IT procurement and inventory management function.
- Candidates will manage the maintenance of records and databases containing information regarding software licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's assets.
- The candidate will work to minimize organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
- Establishes and implements hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with IT standards and strategy.
- Investigates available hardware and software products, evaluates and recommends products based on user requirements.
- Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate equipment at the lowest cost.
- Reviews licenses and/or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily internal company contacts.
- Infrequent inter- organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum two (2) years experience IT Asset Management
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability