Sr. Proposal Manager - Lead
Job ID: 198297
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019
Category: Business Development
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager
Lead for our Proposal Development Center. This is a working manager position
responsible for managing a team of proposal managers, as well as working
closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and
deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel
may be possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for the
- Supervise/manage in-house proposal manager staff
through training/mentoring, establishing performance goals, and conducting
- Manage assignment of in-house proposal manager
staff to dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Work with Proposal Development Center leadership
to develop/propagate proposal process and toolkit items. Coach proposal managers
on the implementation of process/toolkit items on proposal efforts.
- Provide proposal manager training to ensure
consistency across all proposal managers, and ensure that all processes are
- Review proposal products and material developed
by in-house proposal managers/teams through peer/color team reviews.
- Lead/participate in proposal process improvement
- Manage proposals, including all aspects of
proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value
proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue
tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and
team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
- Develop/maintain proposal management-related
artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and
compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing
instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list,
action items, and color team review briefings.
- Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency
and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with
proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections as necessary
to deliver high-quality, winning proposal product.
- Collaborate with business development and
operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a
high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct all proposal efforts to
include preparation, revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the
proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities
of the proposal team members.
- Collaborate with the capture manager, subject
matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure
accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Assist in the development and refinement of
templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Provide daily updates regarding proposal
progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks,
section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during
solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject
matter experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win
themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required
for a compelling proposal response.
- Work with the color review leads to convene
color teams and prepare color team package. Lead color review recovery from
post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved
content changes and modifications.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications
and communicates them to the team. Revise schedule, outline, and compliance
matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission
for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree (can be substituted with years
- 10 to 15 years of demonstrated experience
managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a
defined proposal role
- 3 years of supervisory/team leadership
- Knowledge of the proposal development life
cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under
conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team leader
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with
all levels of management
- Excellent work ethic and excellent
organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the FAR, especially best-value
- Ability to coordinate off-site subcontractors
and proposal team
- Familiarity with the use of proposal collaboration
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability