Knowledge Management Officer (KMO)
Job ID: 198386
Location: ROCK ISLAND, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Knowl/Collab Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
The KMO reports to the CoS and advises the Commander and staff on knowledge management. Responsible for creating, facilitating, and managing knowledge transfer systems designed to harness emerging information requirements through technological innovation and cultural engagement. Responsible for the management, coordination, and implementation that supports the CG's personal initiatives through direct engagement. The KMO ensures the knowledge management process and procedures are understood in the unit. He or she demonstrates how these processes and procedures improve efficiency and shared understanding during training and enhance operations effectiveness during operations. The KMO ensures section members understand the KM process and tools. They understand the major processes used in the unit and the functions of the information systems that support those processes. KMO helps the operations officer and signal staff officers map the processes and information systems that produce the common operational picture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Must be former Army KMO (ASI 1E)
- Must possess a current SECRET security clearance.
- Creating an organizational knowledge network and metrics for evaluating its effectiveness
- Developing knowledge management techniques, policies, and procedures ensuring command-wide dissemination.
- Advising the commander and staff on integrating knowledge management practices throughout the organization.
- Writing the KM annex to plans and orders and updating as necessary.
- Leading efforts to identify gaps in organizational processes.
- Leading the staff in assessing unit knowledge processes.
- Synchronizing KM functions and activities with higher commands and subordinate commands.
- Monitoring emerging KM trends for incorporation into unit operations.
- Directing KM working group efforts and facilitating meetings.
- Initiating, coordinating for, and maintaining a virtual right-seat ride capability
- Understanding the supporting information systems and knowing the subject-matter experts that support those systems.
- Coordinating with battle captain and operations section to clearly understand how the operations process applies to unit’s battle rhythm.
- Executing KM policies and plans in the KM section.
- Developing, organizing and supervising implementation of the unit’s content management effort.
- Assisting the staff in knowledge analysis to answer commander’s critical information requirements
- Seeking techniques to incorporated effective knowledge transfer and learning techniques into organizational learning.
- Mapping the unit’s KM network.
- Developing metrics for evaluating KM effectiveness
- Identifying operationally relevant trends, observations, insights, and lessons; and significant actions.
- Ensuring efficient processes for directing requests for information.
- Coordinating with the signal staff officer to ensure connectivity to relevant information systems and networks.
- Overseeing KM-related roles and responsibilities as directed by the KMO.
- Establishing procedures to monitor the appropriateness of a unit’s content.
- Developing the unit’s KM training and certification program.
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.