Job ID: 197843
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security Group is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
SAIC provides opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities. We are looking for a senior engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to an IC customer who is responsible for maturing and developing RADAR technology from applied research into demonstrably mature capabilities that can be inserted into RADAR system program baselines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support projects that mature hardware and algorithm technologies for transition to a RADAR system program office for flight development.
- Provide technical recommendations for future development directions and strategies.
- Work closely with the IC customer supporting all phases of the acquisition process.
- Survey state of the art technologies to provide recommendations for future technology development
- Assist in the development of program requirements that satisfy the customer's mission needs, as well as, acquisition strategies and acquisition plans
- Draft acquisition documents including, but not limited to, Request for Proposals, Statements of Work, Specifications, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other required solicitation/contract documents, and support to source selection activities as an advisor
- Assist the IC customer with the oversight of technology development contracts and develop status briefings for government and industry
- Provide identification, assessment and resolution of risks during the acquisition phase and during the program execution
- Work with the IC customer to advance resiliency activities/initiatives
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Bachelor degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline + 15 years related experience
- Experience with the government acquisition cycle, requirements development & processes, budgetary practices, acquisition/engineering documentation, and system lifecycle management
- In-depth end-to-end knowledge of RADAR hardware and payloads
- Familiarity with space-based RADAR systems (legacy or planned) to include command & control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination
- Familiarity with image formation processes and product generation of RADAR imaging data
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work
- Active TS/SCI w/poly
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- In-depth end-to-end knowledge of space-based RADAR systems (legacy or planned) to include command & control, collection, mission processing, and dissemination
- In-depth knowledge of image formation processes and product generation of RADAR imaging data for Full-Spectrum GEOINT
- Experience with the Department of Defense (DoD) or Intelligence Community (IC) R&D organizations
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability