Job ID: 198341
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2019
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is hiring a Deskside Support Technician to support HHS in Washington, DC.
• The Desktop technician will provide ongoing support to Executives and employees across the enterprise including White Glove Deskside End User Support, IT Asset Management (ITAM), Network Printer, and MDM Support for our Executive Customer.
• In this role you will be a key member of the Deskside Support Team that resolves, tracks, and manages escalated technical problems within ServiceNow as requested via phone, email and internet chat to fulfill these responsibilities, and as necessary contribute to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions and work on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems across HHS and partner sites.
• Supporting MaaS360 Mobile Device Management
• Active Directory account management implementation and administration
• Microsoft Exchange/Office365 use and/or administration
• Microsoft Windows 10 planning and roll out in enterprise environment
• Install, connect to the network and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, data collection devices and telephones
• Install and maintain computer software on users’ devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus and Malware protection
• Conduct user training on approved software and hardware on an as required basis
• Incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related failures
• Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance and compliance
• Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution
• Perform asset inventories by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards and update inventory control systems as required.
• Ensure deliverables to internal customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
• On occasion, may perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and/or provide 24x7 support to maintain service availability or to meet customer SLAs.
• As ownership of problems from any administrator, follow path of escalated contacts to insure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator.
• Evaluate and perform root- cause analysis on escalated issues.
• Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues.
• Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Building, then leading and mentoring a global team of IT, Asset, and Desk Side Specialists
• Provides occasional off- hours on-site support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Advanced knowledge of network printing environments
• A+, Net+ desired
• HDI Certification(s)
Required Skills and Experience:
• H.S. Diploma and 5+ years of relevant experience and Advanced knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 7/8/10), PC and network hardware
• Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role. - Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability