This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198293
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior C++ Software Engineer to support the Bradley Fighting Vehicle System (FVS) program onsite at Redstone Arsenal.
The candidate will primarily be responsible for the development of support software and test environments required to sustain military systems. The candidate will be responsible for software design and development including some test hardware development.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree with 9+ years of related experience [4 yrs experience accepted in lieu of degree].
· Proficient developing in LabWindows/CVI
· Proficient developing in C and C++ languages
· Experience developing and integrating test hardware using National Instruments products or similar
· Experience with defense systems and communications protocol MIL-STD-1553
· Experience developing hardware simulations
· Experience with the full software development lifecycle
· Good written and interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a large team environment
Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
· Experience with Ada or VX Works developing software for embedded real-time systems
· Force XXI Battle Command Brigade-and-Below (FBCB2)
· UDP, TCP/IP, and socket-based communications
· Working in a windows and Linux software development environment
· Subversion CM
· Serena Dimensions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability