IT Security Senior Manager - FAA
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 198235
Location: ATLANTIC CITY INT'L AIRPORT, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Security Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Senior
IT Security Manager to serve on a team of Security Analysts and Engineers to
ensure that systems are architected and executed in accordance with FAA
security polices and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
guidance’s and recommendations. The incumbent will:
- Support Federal
Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Traffic Organization (ATO) initiatives
and activities associated with assessing risk and providing
recommendations to prevent National Airspace Systems (NAS) and Non-NAS
systems from unauthorized access or sabotage, and enhancing the stability
of those systems to survive security threats in an operational
- Support development of
security authorization/ISCM packages for information systems under the
purview of the Decision Support Systems (DSS) Program Office.
coordination and facilitation of authorization documentation, NAS Cyber
Activities, risk mitigation, and cyber defense initiatives for the
information systems under the purview of the Decision Support Systems
(DSS) Program Office.
- Support the assessment and monitoring of
information system vulnerabilities as described in each information
systems’ Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and facilitate
- Develop status reports and other documents
to support management of the security authorization/ISCM and POA&M
- Provide other information systems
security-related support as delegated by the Decision
Support Systems (DSS) Program Office Information Systems Security
- PHD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Science with at least 5 years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, systems security, security authorization, system security architecture management, or related field;
o OR a MS degree with 10 yrs exp,
o OR a BS with 15.
- · A strong understanding of FISMA and NIST Special
Publications, especially NIST SP 800-37 and NIST SP 800-53.
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills;
attention to detail is essential.
- · Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- · Knowledge of system and application security threats
- · US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- · Experience performing security control assessments
against all NIST SP 800-53 controls / families.
- · Understanding of various configuration standards such
as DISA STIGs and CIS Benchmarks.
- · Proper Understanding of FIPS 199 security
- · On occasion, work extended hours (other than normal
business hours) to support contractual requirements to meet customer needs.
· The following industry standard Information Security
o CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security
o CISM: Certified Information Security Manager.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability