This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 197967
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Enterprise Architect
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
You will act as the Architecture & Strategy (A&S) team Principal Data Architect to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for data technologies, standards, processes and architectures across the enterprise. You will collaborate closely with customer facing teams and the business, to design transformative, repeatable solutions.
You will provide strategic and technical knowledge for data architecture to the enterprise to address the challenges of providing innovative and transformative data solutions supporting SAIC’s work for the DoD and Federal government. You will be responsible for identifying explicit and implicit business needs and for ascertaining the data solutions that best meets these needs. Working closely with both business and technology stakeholders you will provide leadership to help make rational, innovative, and transformative design decisions that will best achieve business value.
You will help drive proof of concept activities and be responsible for the production of roadmaps, design documents and other technical project related artifacts.
A complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and cloud concepts is required for this position along with general knowledge of other technology and business related disciplines. Your assignments are in the form of objectives and you must be skilled at working with others to establish and achieve goals that will meet those objectives.
- Lead the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence.
- Create and maintain current- and target-state data architectures.
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality.
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities.
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers' needs and develop solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics.
- Perform and Evaluate Total cost Analysis (TCA), Analysis of Alternatives (AOA), and like activities.
BaBachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability