Job ID: 197918
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2019
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Computer Programmer II performs programming services for Department of Navy IT systems/applications. The primary functions:
· to design, develop test and deliver updates, enhancements, and detect resolution for proprietary applications and components.
· Perform analysis on and recommend improvement strategies for current technical solutions being used by the IT team.
· Create user manuals and FAQ links for the web applications to ensure users understand the application and how to use it.
· Use key elements of the System Development Life Cycle to create a clear and consise program specification including a flow chart showing the system process flow, to ensure that users' unexpected return on programs are met.
· Review program specifications with Managers for feedback and approval prior to coding. •
· Devise solutions to system related problems / issues. • Involves frequent communication and close cooperation with users and other support staff.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Develops and tests applications, maintains, revises, updates current code - including troubleshooting and improving functionality. • Works with users for support of existing application software. • Training users to be successful with the application software, including upgrades, changes, and new features.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability