Vacuum Tube Electrical Engineer/Physicist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 197634
Location: CRANE, IN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic
equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment;
radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry
components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and
specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- May also review vendors' abilities to
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Electrical Engineer or Physicist Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and five (5) years or more experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain secret security clearance.
- Experience with high and ultra-high vacuum technology, vacuum electronics manufacturing techniques and processes such as vacuum and hydrogen brazing, TIG and resistance welding, rf measurements, reverse engineering, developing engineering drawings.
Desired Qualifications ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Failure analysis experience, thorough understanding of thermionic dispenser cathodes, optical microscopy, design/development of high voltage test stations.
- Performance testing of microwave TWTs, klystrons, CFAs, magnetrons.
- Metallurgy or materials science background.
- Some familiarity with XRF, Raman, SEM/EDS, or ICP/IC analysis techniques.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability