SAIC is seeking a systems engineer to join our team of
diverse GPS Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. The GPS
SE&I Team provides specialized engineering, analysis, operations support,
and subject matter expertise to the SMC/GP Directorate and other GPS customers.
The team also provides systems engineering and analysis services to include
system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing,
operations, and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. Team members also provide an enterprise
perspective for identification and review of risks and risk mitigation plans
and work to institutionalize systems engineering best practices across the SMC/GP
Directorate organization. Major duties of the position include:
- Directly supporting the SE&I Enterprise
- Ensuring effective requirements integration
across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of
systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Maintaining the technical baseline, including
identifying and documenting system specification and interface requirement
traceability to sell-off verification and test events.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government
leads to ensure that all system requirements and interfaces are consistent and
valid across the SMC/GP Enterprise.
- Managing multiple system requirements baselines,
and an integrated Enterprise baseline.
- Supporting customer in defining, capturing, and
maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system
lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing
impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating
and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective
SMC/GP systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Assessing proposed baseline changes for impacts
to requirements and verification.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of
systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and
production, as well as operations and sustainment.
- Supporting the customer with verification
tracking to ensure the developer and source requirements are adequately
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans,
papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/GP decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other
support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical
Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math,
Physics, or similar. 2+ years’
- Understanding of fundamental requirements
development and management processes.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter
and works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air
Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with Space systems
(especially at SMC), GPS, and ground and space system acquisition.
- Experience with requirements and interface
management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Experience writing and delivering technical
documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
skills as well as organizational skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working,
interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- 2+ years’ experience as a systems engineer.
- IBM DOORS experience.
- GPS experience highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability