EDIS Cybersecurity Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 197573
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States
Date Posted: Aug 31, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer for the Engineering,
Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position
is to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems &
Development Directorate (SMC/ AD) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the
EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Colorado
- Ensures that the cybersecurity architecture and design of the
customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to protect,
detect, and respond.
- Recommends mitigation efforts for cybersecurity events.
- Oversees system and network designs that encompass multiple
computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification
- Provides security engineering, integration services, technical
assessments, and solutions to enable Defensive Cyberspace Operations.
- Defines system security requirements, assesses system security
architecture designs, and supports the development and sustainment of an
enterprise Risk Management Framework (RMF) Accreditation package through all
- Supports cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations,
logistics, and sustainment elements of the Remote Sensing enterprise by
identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements,
contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing DCO and incident response Tactics, Techniques and
Procedures to monitor and protect the system from cyber-attacks.
- Must possess an active Top Secret level clearance
with SCI eligibility
- B.S. degree and a minimum of 5 years with or 3
years with Master’s relevant experience in Cybersecurity Engineering, obtained
minimum of Information
- Assurance Security Engineer (IASAE) Level I DOD
8140 (was DOD 8570) certification (CASP, CSSLP, CISSP (associate).
Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product
Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Work independently as well as in a team
Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Good understanding of discipline process;
information and data management
- Contribute to the completion of programs and
projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results
and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Working experience in government or industry
leading enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting,
designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability