SAIC has an opening for a Firewall Administrator to work in the Ops Center located in Washington, DC.
Day Shift: Sunday-Thursday
This is an opening for a Firewall Administrator to support a Department of State (DoS)
Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides
transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in
successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides
enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support
services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise
applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and
is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes,
network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key
infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile
computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security
This is a mid-level position within the Vanguard 2.2.1
Service Management Office (SMO), providing general Tier II monitoring,
configuration, and support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems.
The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide perimeter security
protection to over 80,000 customers globally.
Description of Duties:
- Provides Tier 2 support in the monitoring,
management, and troubleshooting of perimeter devices to include firewalls,
proxies, switches, and mail transport agents
- Monitor Remedy application for Firewall
Operations trouble tickets for incidents and service requests.
- Implements firewall routing rules and policies
- Escalates issues as required to Tier 3 staff and
monitors issues through the trouble life cycle
- Performs recurring maintenance activities such
as device reboots on perimeter devices
- Records and reports concerning network
operations and maintenance.
Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to
implement network changes as they relate to perimeter security.
- Support Diplomatic Security Computer Incident
Response Team by implementing IP address blocks as directed.
- Routinely updates architecture diagrams using
- Monitor and perform health checks on multiple
perimeter security devices.
- Draft, coordinate and publish outage
notifications as required.
- Update shift logs and provide logs to leadership
- Troubleshoot perimeter security devices in
conjunction with Tier III and vendor-provided support.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings,
and participate in working groups, as related to constant changing security
- 2 to 3 years IT Customer Support experience
(Tier I and/or Tier II).
- BA degree in an IT related discipline or additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience supporting the monitoring and
configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application
Firewall Packet Filtering technologies
- First-hand experience with supporting the
monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network
and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (StoneGate, Palo Alto,
Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA), A10 proxy devices).
- Pearl and Linux (Redhat, CentOS) CLI experience.
- Experienced in utilizing network monitoring
tools such as Nagios and NeuralStar
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server 2008
implementation and troubleshooting from a security/firewall perspective.
- Intermediate knowledge in configuring Cisco
- Experienced with TCP/IP network implementation
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Basic knowledge configuring CISCO networking
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice
networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs
Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to
collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral
(Active) eligible for TOP SECRET clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability