Join SAIC on a new, seven year, funded contract and help our customer develop and integrate the latest IT and Cloud
technologies! Our work schedules are flexible, but our commitment to
excellent customer service, integrity, grit, and innovation are not. This position can be located in Chantilly, VA, McLean, VA or Bethesda, MD.
SAIC is seeking an Expert Systems
Engineer/Integrator to support the Technical Director and conduct
information technology (IT) oversight to include systems engineering,
integration, technical performance analysis, governance and IT policy.
Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) . Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
In this role you will:
- Support technology integration (e.g., cloud migration,
DevSecOps) with respect to enterprise architecture; develop
recommendations for architecture evolution to enable new
- Assist with developing strategic goals and objectives
and ensuring technical feasibility with respect to strategy
- Develop and maintain the knowledge management
- Assist with project planning and management; provide
program and enterprise integration of projects
- Identify and assess IT capabilities and provides
enterprise-based technical and implementation recommendations
- Coordinate and facilitate technical exchange meetings
and provide technical subject matter expertise
- Develop and manage incorporation/integration of IT
solutions into multiple enterprises, including defining/mitigating issues,
decision points and other dependencies; assess architecture to determine
- Develop data engineering strategy
- Define test plans and evaluation strategies
- Develop recommendations for incorporation of new
technologies; develop evaluation criteria to assess emerging technologies
- Evaluate how technologies could interface with existing
or proposed solutions and develop transition plans to incorporate new
- Work with individuals and organizations of varying
levels and types (including Sponsor, Industry, and Academia)
- Provide individual technical contributions as well as
within a team construct.
- Perform complex analyses and to communicate the results
using accurate, concise, and effective writing and through descriptive and
- Provide briefings, papers and presentations (written
and oral) to include experience briefing at senior levels.
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks and adjusting as tasks are
- Requires an active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Minimum of 16 years of progressively responsible
experience with at least 5 years’ experience in the IC.
- Technical proficiency (2+ years of experience) in
application and execution of Technical & Analysis Support, IC Cloud
Services (e.g., C2S and GovCloud), and Capability Implementation
- Demonstrated experience ( 5+ years of experience) in
Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, and Enterprise Architecture
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability