Job ID: 197322
Location: FAIRMONT, WV, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Subcategory: Intern Technical
Schedule: Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. At the NASA Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility, we support NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
This position supports either the Orion IV&V project or the Gateway IV&V project within the IV&V Program. Work is performed under the direction of the Orion or Gateway IV&V project lead. This position is casual, typically at 40% (16 hours per week), but with each week varying based on customer needs, as coordinated with the successful applicant.
Roles and Responsibilities as defined:
- Gaining an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of an IV&V analyst on the Orion or Gateway IV&V project, which add assurance for Artemis missions using an adaptive risk-targeted (aka “Follow the Risk”) Capability Based Assurance approach utilizing appropriate Agile principles.
- Provides feedback on materials in the Beginning IV&V Analyst training blocks (and potentially other tracks as appropriate) in the Orion or Gateway IV&V training plan to help improve the quality and completeness of the training materials.
- Assists with performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Assists with planning, modeling, validation, engineering, and verification activities.
- Assists with analyzing effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Other Orion or Gateway IV&V functions as assigned.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Possess or be enrolled in a program leading to a four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other software-related engineering program.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but who also functions well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions
- Maintains excellent rapport with all internal and external customers
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of human space programs/space domain topics such as mission and spacecraft ground operations, launch operations/processes, spacecraft guidance/navigation/control, propulsion, environmental control and life support systems, vehicle system management, human/computer interfaces (displays and controls), software safety, and mission assurance.
- Familiar with UML, SysML, software architecture, service oriented architecture, agile processes, systems engineering, model-based systems engineering (MBSE), verification and validation, Agile software development processes, C/C++, Simulink, MATLAB, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, and all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability