Quantum Physic Research Scientist
Job ID: 197298
Location: LAUREL, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Research Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
- Initiates the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products.
- Plans and executes laboratory research. May also review and analyze data from research studies, develop reports and conclusions based on those data, make recommendations regarding areas of investigation needed in specific research program areas, develop program and product development plans to accomplish specific research/product goals, etc., and critiques/evaluates individual research projects and overall research programs.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, and may contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
- May participate in interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
- Scientists will use advanced data reporting techniques, mathematics and statistics in order to conduct and report their research.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with scientific computing, including C++ or Python
- Ability to apply expertise across a wide variety of technical problems
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- PhD in Quantum Science, including Physics, EE, or a related field
- Completion of post-doctoral quantum science work in academia or industry
- 5+ years of experience with topics regarding the development of a quantum computing platform, including experimental or theoretical qubit design, qubit characterization, qubit fabrication, qubit measurement, or microwave engineering
- Experience in quantum simulation or quantum sensing with superconducting circuits, semiconducting or spin qubits, or ion trapping platforms
- US Citizen
- Clearance or Ability to obtain a Clearance required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.