Job ID: 197092
Location: AURORA, CO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Test Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
The Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Production Corps Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in Colorado Springs, CO has an immediate need for a Test and Evaluation Engineer to support government test management activities for fixed and mobile survivable endurable ground processing systems supporting the critical mission areas of Missile Warning and Nuclear Detonation Detection. Candidate will provide systems engineering and integration expertise to the survivable and endurable elements of the Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) and support acquisition management activities for the SBIRS Survivable Endurable Evolution (S2E2) upgrade to the Mobile Ground System. Major duties of the position include:
• Manage Government support to test planning and integration for current and future space system acquisition contracts
• Author/submit test and lab asset requests to support ongoing testing programs
• Manage processes and facilitate meetings related to documenting and demonstrating test-readiness for Government systems entering developmental and operational testing activities
• Act as Government representative for test support and test witnessing activities at geographically diverse contractor-owned and Government-owned test sites
• Provide management and technical support to Government Deficiency Review Board processes
• Establish and manage test planning and integration processes and tools
• Collaborate with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians and members of the Air Force
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
• 10+ years of demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments for DoD programs.
• Experience with satellite systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
• Experience with assessing and prioritizing software and hardware deficiency reports, space and flight software development and test, requirements and interface management, and risk management.
• Demonstrated experience providing technical analyses and program management support to Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
• Demonstrated experience in tracking and demonstrating test readiness for systems entering the operational testing phase of the Government acquisition process
• Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
• Ability to travel to multiple Government and contractor facilities in Colorado, New Mexico and California
• Hold an active TS/SCI clearance
• Master’s Degree is preferred
• Experience with Integrated Tactical Warning and Attack Assessment Systems
• Experience in using or developing Nuclear Planning and Execution System
• Space-based Infrared System (SBIRS) experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability